Thursday, September 19, 2013

truth

anyone that knows anything about me probably knows that I have always been, and will likely always be, pretty emotional.  i'm definitely a crier, a hugger, a laugher.  but it feels like, since the twins, I've been dulled.  I haven't cried, much or often, but I have felt like I needed to... i'm not sure why, or what it means, i'm thinking I may have officially been tapped out. 
the day the twins were born has stuck with me.  those feelings. 
I have always thought that women who get fixated on 'not having the birth they wanted' or who described their birth as 'traumatic" were... weird.  I mean, really, get over it.  you got the baby, he's fine.  let's move on.  i'm eating my words for sure.  I had no overt expectations of the babies birth.  I didn't plan on an unmedicated water birth, I didn't want a doula or a midwife.  I knew, going in, that I would end up on the cold C-section table.  ideal?  no, but whatev, you do what you've got to do. 
then may 18th happened... (happy birthday steph).
I think I could have come out of the birth itself just fine, I think.  it was definitely stressful, but it ended ok.  what I think  sent me straight over the edge was the after math with owen.  i don't even understand why!  he's fine...
but that day was so tough, my heart stretched until it felt like it had broken wide open.  i'm now writing this with a FAT happy owen sitting on my lap.  kissing his perfect head, and loving his chubby cheeks. 

but i'm still waiting to heal up.  its been four months (!) it's time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment